- Job description: A position for a researcher is available in the Bioinformatics group at Plant Research International (PRI) to participate as scientific programmer in the development of the BioAssist metabolomics support platform. Within PRI this development is central to various projects related to bioinformatics for metabolomics and the candidate is expected to take a proactive and coordinating role in this area. Specific tasks will include the implementation and further development of the data warehouse Metware and development of standards and webservices for existing metabolomics software tools and their implementation in the workflow management system Taverna.
- A recent PhD in chemoinformatics, chemometrics, bioinformatic or related area
- Advanced programming and database development skills (fluent in Java, SQL, and preferably in C++, Perl, or Python)
- Knowledge of BioMoby, tomcat, SQL, JSF, bioMART and semantic web (e.g. RDF, OWL)
- Basic knowledge of mass spectrometry and metabolomics technology is essential
- The drive, ambition and skills to acquire a leading role in the development of a metabolomics data analysis platform within PRI and to initiate new projects in this field
Profile: We are looking for a communicative team player with: